Monday, April 28, 2008

Family

I attended the 5th reunion of our clan last weekend. It was the usual family gathering except that the secretariat gave us an activity program with a diagram of the family tree attached and a list of officers of the family cooperative --- unusual for someone like me who hadn't attended a family reunion in years.

I noticed that it was organized the way anyone would handle a national conference. And indeed this is a conference of relatives from Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. The documentation staff also took photos of the event using a cellphone and digital camera for easy uploading on the family website. They distributed compact disk recordings of past reunions (our family reunion is every two years) which I haven't yet seen until now since my computer broke down. They also took the opportunity to update the list of contact information of relatives (cellphone numbers and email addresses) .... how's that for family efficiency and organization?