Thursday, January 08, 2009

Bangkok Vacation




So, what did I do during last year's long Christmas holiday?

I went gallivanting in Bangkok with Laura and Jackie!

Grand Palace, Wat Po, Emerald Buddha, Reclining Buddha, Coins Museum, Vimanmek Teakwood Mansion, Platinum and Pantip Shopping malls, other tourist traps, were just some of the places we visited.

I don't need to talk in detail about Bangkok. I'm sure you have read the brochures. Needless to say, food and books have been the main focus in my trip.

I noticed the complexity of food ingredients and Thai language used predominantly in newspapers and books. So unlike the simplicity of Cebuano food preparation and the predominance of English language publications in Cebu (of course, how can we be the top emerging Business Process Outsourcing destination if English wasn't our second language!)