Monday, February 08, 2010

GL Highland Resort










I finally took a dip at the springwater pool of GL Highland Resort.

Although I was there at noon on a bright, sunny day, the water remained cold.
I enjoyed the swim though. I was assured that it was chemical free since it is moving water.


Not many people know about the pool (I was the only one there at that time). No wonder, it is well hidden by trees and shrubs. And it takes more than two hundred steps to get there.
Getting back up the side of the mountain is another hurdle. This is one activity that is definitely not for people who have arthritis or heart problem.

It takes less than an hour to get to GL Highland Resort in Gaas, Balamban from Cebu City. Resort entrance fee is Php 20.00. Pool use is Php 50.00.
If you don’t have a car, take a van-for-hire GT Express at the Ayala Terminal. Ayala-Balamban Fare is Php 100.00.

There is something fiendishly pleasurable about being among the few to know about this pool. I can't seem to wipe the smile off my face until now.