Tuesday, January 23, 2007

eBook publishing as home business

I’m thinking of publishing my own ebook. It seems ebook authors are thriving on the Net these days.


I’ve been reading a lot on ebook publishing and realized that it is the fastest, easiest and cheapest way to get my writing in print. As a business, it has a lot of promise.

Why an e-publishing business?

Self-publishing ebooks and information products has never been easier than with the many different ebook compiler software programs that are available today. Digital publishing is a good alternative in publishing materials aren’t usually accepted by traditional publishing companies.

In this internet age, ebook publishing has created a whole new era in book publishing. Even paperback authors consider eBooks a new, and different marketing channel for their literary work.

The important part of the ebook phenomenon is that any ebook can be converted easily into an audio ebook, one of the fastest growing segments on the Internet today

In addition, ebook publishing is an exciting new way to make extra income from the Internet. In fact there are many sites that will allow writers to list their ebooks for free. This is a great way for me to distribute my ebook with all of my own url codes embedded within the ebook.

Ebook publishing, however, isn’t replacing traditional publishing anytime soon. It is still nice to curl-up in bed with a paperbound book. But the cost saving potential of ebook publishing is convincing. Moreover, ebook publishing looks like fun and could be an ideal home-based online business for me.