Monday, January 11, 2010

Taoist Temple in Cebu



















I have my own share of irrational fears. One of them is going to Taoist Temple in Beverly Hills alone. Why? I can't seem to come up with a good explanation. I was afraid I might get lost, kidnapped, mugged, accosted etc. To think Beverly Hills is an upscale area. I have been through a slum area but I didn't feel this anxious.

Since this is going to be my year, I decided to visit this popular tourist spot ... alone. It turns out that this trip was the easiest to make for me. I have been through more challenging situations.... ha..ha..ha. Climbing the temple's 100 steps was a breeze. Take note, I didn't pant when I reached the top, although I sweated a lot due to the heat

So, did I overcome my fear. Yup, piece of cake... ha..ha..ha. It took me one hour to tour the place. I also tried my luck with the fortune blocks. No, God wasn't ready at that time to answer my question according to the blocks.

Considering that I had ample time on my hands, I decided to go to SM Cebu City Mall and partake of a late lunch at Royal Krua Thai. Afterwhich, I watched the movie "Avatar" in 3D. I capped my afternoon by having ice cream at Dessert Factory and dinner at a Korean fast food outlet.